Marijuana and hemp have always been about their effects! They have always stirred discussions of legality and efficacy of their prime components, CBD and THC. Well, today we will go beyond the usual stuff and discuss the other cannabinoids as well. Interestingly, there are hundreds of cannabinoids but the medicinal aspects of the two have overshadowed the presence and mechanism of the others.
With the introduction of the entourage effect, the cannabis enthusiasts have started exploring the plant as a whole which points towards the importance of the other cannabinoids. Obviously, we can’t feature all the cannabinoids but we will try to cover the important ones. But before we begin, let’s go to the basics!
What Are Cannabinoids?
To make it as simple as just consuming the hemp oil, let’s just say that cannabinoids are the chemical components present in cannabis and hemp. Have you listened to the experts talking about CBD oil benefits and the perks of medical marijuana treatment? On how do they work? If not, here it is: Cannabinoids, the chemical compounds of the cannabis family target the cannabinoid receptors in our body, CB1, and CB2, and initiate changes which are usually in favor of our health. There are three types of cannabinoids:
- Phytocannabinoids (The ones found in the plants and about which we are going to talk)
- Endocannabinoids (Our body produces cannabinoids, yes, very interesting!)
- Synthetic Cannabinoids (The ones produced in the labs)
Top 5 Cannabinoids
- THC: Goes scientifically by a Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, but is always, almost referred as THC. This is the most controversial cannabinoid as it has immense health benefits but has a scarred image with its psychedelic properties. Because of the psychotic effects it produces, THC is legal only in controlled amounts.
- CBD (Cannabidiol): This is the second most famous cannabinoid today with a myriad of benefits to its credit. Although the intensity of its healing properties are diluted, it is a preferable cannabinoid because of its clean image of being non-psychoactive. This combination of being an efficient cannabinoid without altering the brain activity is the reason why people buy bulk CBD oil.
- CBG (Cannabigerol): CBG is mostly found in hemp plants. The cannabis strains which have THC as the prime cannabinoid possess very little CBG, almost less than 1%. However, just like CBD, CBG is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid with ample benefits but no shadow that usually scares the people when talked about marijuana and cannabinoids.
- CBN (Cannabinol): The interesting thing about cannabinoids is that not all are present in their raw form. CBN is one of those cannabinoids which have negligible traces of its presence in the raw plants. But then why are we talking about it? Well, just like we said, not all are in their raw form. When THC is exposed to light and heat, it degrades to CBN. This degradation does one good thing and that’s the reduction of its psychotic traits. Now, with the benefits of its father cannabinoid THC, although diluted, CBN provides great health benefits when combined with CBD.
- CBC (Cannabichromene): This cannabinoid is mostly found in tropical strains of cannabis and hemp where the temperature is a bit on a warmer side. This does not mean that it is completely absent in the strains grown around DC, it’s present but in scarce quantities. It is non-psychoactive and has commendable effects on the body.
These cannabinoids have come in the spotlight after scientists started talking about the entourage effect of cannabis where the plant contents are not manipulated and observed to have better effects than the isolated cannabinoids. We have made sure to offer you full-spectrum CBD oil that works the same way.